Staying on top of it
We all know that we should feed our cats cat food. That's obvious, but do you know that regular household foods can be very dangerous for your ball of fur? We have compiled a small list of 7 unexpected foods that your cat should never, ever consume.
1. Milk Many people are not aware that most cats are lactose intolerant. Drinking milk can even cause a major tummy ache for your cat friend.
2. Chocolate Just like for dogs, chocolate is extremely toxic for cats. Vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, seizures, and even death can befall your pet after eating chocolate. Experts say cocoa powder is by far the most dangerous.
3. Raw Dough Don't forget to finish baking! Yeast dough can rise and expand, which makes for a horrible snack for your cat. Eating raw dough can lead to your cat having bad cases of stomach bloating and folding of the intestines.
4. Garlic and Onions Onions, garlic, and other similar plants are extremely dangerous for your cat's red blood cells. Large quantities or concentrated versions can cause anemia in cats.
5. Grape and Raisins Experts are not 100% sure why, but it is well known that feeding your cat grapes or raisins can cause major kidney failure. This isn't the case with all cats, but it is best not to chance it.
6. Citrus Fruits All citrus fruits and their extracts can cause depression in your cat's central nervous system. Large amounts can cause permanent damage. Peels, stems, leaves, and seeds should also be avoided.
7. Salt Beware! Did you know that something as seemingly harmless as salt is actually poisonous to cats? Salt has been known to cause a slew of health problems for your feline friend. Vomiting, tremors, seizures, and even death iare possible when consumed in large quantities.
-The Dog Walker Blog
Follow us on Instagram or sign up for our Newsletter for blog post announcements